The party's over
Update 17.20 will arrive in Fortnite TODAY after an extended period with the latest update.
As the Invasion takes over the island, players are exploring all of the out-of-this-world content on offer. The Cosmic Summer Celebration may be over, but the UFOs are still partying hard.
This update may have a big impact on the map and we may see the Lebron James skin added!
Here are the patch notes for the 17.20 update in Fortnite.
The next update will arrive on the 20th July 2021.
Maintenance traditionally begins at the following times:
- 2.30AM ET
Arena playlists will start to be disabled at 2.00AM UTC.
Here's the sizes for the update.
- Xbox One - 2.6GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.8GB
- PS4 - 3.1GB
- PS5 - 2.7GB
- PC - 1.9GB
- Switch - 1.4GB
- Android - TBC
Here are some updates and new features that may arrive in the new update:
- A 'Keep Playing Together' button for Squads, Trios and Duos - via @HYPEX
- Preferred Item Slots (expected to arrive in the next update)
- "Deploy Alien Nanites anywhere other than Holly Hatchery" Quest is not tracking progress properly and will be auto-completed with the release of v17.20.
Cosmetics added in v17.20 pic.twitter.com/c2WNuLPtBq— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) July 20, 2021
New Variants pic.twitter.com/6TGoSDb5Ja— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) July 20, 2021
More skins, it seems you can edit them with your wraps! pic.twitter.com/d1ZtBozphJ— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) July 20, 2021
Golf Outfits pic.twitter.com/LIF1Tfw3M8— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News 🛸 (@FortTory) July 20, 2021
Pepper Throne & Guildedguy Skins! pic.twitter.com/uZp9hHBuh3— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
The Henchmen and Backpack Bundles have been updated! pic.twitter.com/Pv5iQBGYmA— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) July 20, 2021
Here's how the wrap skins work, they also accept animated wraps! pic.twitter.com/BNbHHctQCZ— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
Bugha is joining the Icon Series with his own skin.
New/Updated Bundles! pic.twitter.com/PEbAI0IDcD— VastBlast - Fortnite Leaks (@VastBlastt) July 20, 2021
New Weapon/item#Fortnite pic.twitter.com/1zbnVmZ25J— Mikey (@MikeDulaimi) July 20, 2021
It sounds like Coral Castle will be destroyed in the next update or at some stage during 17.20.
Speculation is also rising that there will be an underground POI.
A countdown will appear for an event at some point 👀 pic.twitter.com/gz1cEK7OXH— HYPEX (@HYPEX) July 20, 2021
This is a new Abductor that got added which contains a few "Buffet Portals" which have a relation to the SpecialEventCountdown.— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News 🛸 (@FortTory) July 20, 2021
you can see the glyphs rotating in the portal. pic.twitter.com/TMQDetvulB
New Sprays pic.twitter.com/2WNpIYgFay— Max // Fortnite News & Leaks 🛸 (@FNLeaksAndInfo) July 20, 2021
According to the Fortnite Community Trello Board, here's what's being updated in the next update:
General Top Issues
- Unable to perform Last Forever Emote
- New items automatically equipped after being picked up
- Grimey Outfit reactivity not working
- Difficulty scrolling through player list in Voice Chat tab on controller
Battle Royale Issues
- Cosmic Chest timers may remain on screen if a Bounty is poached
- Props drive vehicles erractically
- Ziplines temporarily disabled
- Vendor Rifts temporarily disabled
- Epic Chests may sometimes not provide any weapons in Arena
- The button for Arena Division/tournament details is currently unresponsive on controller.
- 'Hold inventory button' shortcut for accessing the Crafting menu is not working.
- Vehicle explosion not properly triggered with "Destroyed with Transmit" on.
- Lighting issues occurring while in Replay Mode
- Incorrect crosshair appears while using Rail Gun during gameplay in Creative
- Player can encounter infinite loading screen when flying out of Island
Save The World Issues
- The Banner Gadget deals 89 flat damage vs 89 base damage
There are also a number of other issues that are being worked on that may arrive in time for the update.
Follow us for the latest updates!