Overwatch 2 has now released worldwide, and Blizzard's latest entry into the series has improved in all aspects compared to it's original release.
Competitive, has been soaring with the new 5v5 meta, and with us in the New Year, there's some changes coming to an iconic hero.
Here's when Roadhog is getting changed within Overwatch 2.
When Is Roadhog Getting Changes In Overwatch 2?
For those who have played OW2 as of late, you may have noticed that the pickrate of Roadhog is more than ever it appears, and the hero is unkillable as of now.
However, they've noted back in December of 2022, they've noted that they're going to give the character a soft rework, and it'll be coming soon.
Now, the patch notes have released and below are the changes to Roadhog.
- Impact damage reduced from 30 to 5
- The enemy final position distance from Roadhog after being pulled increased from 3 to 4 meters
- Damage per pellet reduced from 6.6 to 6
- Recovery time reduced from 0.85 to 0.8 seconds
- Reload time reduced from 2 to 1.75 seconds
- Maximum ammo increased from 5 to 6
Developer comments: These changes aim to reduce the frustration of dying in one shot immediately after being hooked and pulled by Roadhog. Chain Hook is still a powerful utility to forcibly reposition enemy players, so it will still often lead to eliminations. Its effectiveness will now be more dependent on specific hero matchups and how the hooked target is able to respond.