One of the scarier games out there for player's to dive into during spooky season is undoubtedly Phasmophobia and they've recently added a massive update to the game which has added numerous new features to the game.
Phasmophobia Update 0.4.0 Patch Notes
Phasmophobia is still well into it's early stages of being released, and they've been consistently update the game with new additions and quality of life changes.
But, this time around, we're in store for one of the largest updates yet, as it's introduced some brand new ghosts and difficulty levels for player's to test out.
As well, there's going to be a new map for player's to dive into, which is bound to give some of us a fright when we first jump in.
Below is an overview of all the patch notes for the latest Phasmophobia update, and be sure to let us know what changes you're most excited about.
New Map - Maple Lodge Campsite
Maple Lodge Campsite has more unique objects, higher object density, and more visual detail.
Minimum specification computers should have no issues, but if you have outdated hardware you may see FPS drops.
- Other locations will receive more detail and more unique objects at a later date.
- In the future, other locations will receive a new truck mini-map design to be consistent with Maple Lodge Campsite.
All difficulties have received a major overhaul. We hope these changes make each difficulty feel more unique and provide more options for players of every skill level.
- Ghosts will not reveal one type of evidence.
- The ghost will sometimes change its preferred room after moving.
- No setup time.
- Shortest hunt grace period.
- Long hunt duration.
- Kills extend the current hunt’s duration.
- Sanity pills restore much less sanity.
- The fuse box starts.
- Almost no hiding places.
- Paranormal interference has damaged some of your monitoring equipment.
Each time you start a contract, the location will have different weather, adding new layers of gameplay and making each contract feel unique. The temperature change will make finding the ghost’s location more difficult, rain or wind will impair your hearing, and a thick fog will reduce visibility.
The Ouija Board didn’t make as much sense as we’d like, so it’s been revamped. You now trade Sanity for information and are penalized less if you don’t get a response.
- The Ouija board will now lower your sanity greatly when the ghost responds.
- If the ghost doesn’t respond you will only lose a small fraction of sanity.
- Demons have had their weakness changed to reflect these changes.