One of the most historic franchises of all time, World of Warcraft has been implementing new content for over two decades at this point in time.
With Dragonfight being the new DLC, the first season of content is here for players.
However, some classes are going to get some changes very soon, and we're going to runover all the changes coming during the February 28 hotfix.
World of Warcraft Dragonflight Class Tuning - February 28
Blizzard has revealed the new changes coming during today's update, and while it's not the mega patch that 10.0.7 is going to bring, it'll still implement a ton of content.
Here's what we know.
- All damaging abilities increased by 3%.
- Light of Dawn healing increased by 10%
- Greater Judgment’s bonus to your next Holy Power ability against the afflicted target increased to 40% (was 20%).
- Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 30%
- Hammer of the Righteous damage increased by 20%
- Lightning Bolt damage increased by 10% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
- Lava Burst damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
- Earth Shock damage increased by 6%. Does not apply to PvP.
- Elemental Blast damage increased by 6% for Elemental only. Does not apply to PvP.
- Icefury damage increased by 80%.
- Icefury causes Frost Shock to generate 14 Maelstrom (up from 8).
- Frost Shock damage increased by 15% for Elemental only.
- Developers’ notes: These changes are aimed at improving Elemental single target damage. We also felt that Icefury should deal more damage so that the spell is not solely focused on the follow-up Frost Shocks.
Player versus Player
- Gladiator’s Distinction’ Stamina provided by the bonus increased by 40%
- Developers’ notes: Our goal for PvP pacing is for it to be fast, while leaving time for players to react; we’ve continued to see that overall PvP pacing has been faster than we would like, especially as players have been gaining increased offensive power through tier set acquisition, so we’re adjusting the stamina bonus from Gladiator’s Distinction to help address this.
- Improved Kill Shot now increases Kill Shot’s critical strike damage by 15% in PvP Combat (was 25%)
- Razor Fragments increases Kill Shot’s damage by 40% in PvP Combat (was 50%).
- Arcane Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
- Chimaera Shot damage increased by 45% in PvP Combat (was 30%).
- Developers’ notes: Kill Shot critical strikes have been particularly deadly for Hunters, so we’re reducing the value of Improved Kill Shot. Marksmanship will be receiving several other adjustments to shift more of their damage profile into their base rotation.
- Incendiary Breath (PvP Talent) now increases the Radius and Damage of Breath of Fire by 30% (was 100%).
- Developers’ notes: Incendiary Breath’s radius increase has been difficult to read as a player and Brewmaster damage has been higher than we would like.
- Touch of Karma now redirects 105% of absorbed damage in PvP Combat (was 70%).
- Developers’ notes: Touch of Karma’s redirect damage should be a strong deterrent to targeting a Monk while it’s active, and we feel that it was too weak previously.
- Hemotoxin (PvP Talent) healing reduction effect reduced to 30% (was 35%).
- Developers’ notes: We felt that the Healing reduction effect from Hemotoxic was too strong, especially as it is easy to keep applied.
- Dispatch damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
- Developers’ notes: Outlaw has been underperforming, so we’re increasing their finisher damage.
- Converging Storms increases Stormstrike damage by 10% per stack in PvP Combat was 25%).
- Lava Lash damage increased by 15% in PvP Combat.
- Stormstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
- Windstrike damage increased by 50% in PvP Combat (was increased by 30%).
- Developers’ notes: We’re looking to increase Enhancement’s consistent damage while reducing its high-end burst potential.
- Rampage damage increased by 15% in PvP combat.
- Execute damage increased by 10% in PvP combat. Arms and Protection damage unchanged.
- Developers’ notes: Fury Warriors’ offensive pressure has been notably lower than we would like, so we’re increasing Rampage and Execute damage.