Season 15 of Apex Legends will be coming soon! But like every Season of Apex Legends, they must make way for the next big thing. There is still time to blast through the current state of Apex Legends, but here’s everything you need to know about the arrival of Season 15.
However, in preperation for the release of the new season, be sure to get geared up with our Roccat Burst Pro Air mouse!
When Does Season 15 of Apex Legends Begin?
Season 15 has a now confirmed release date of November 1st, 2022.
NEW LEGEND: CATALYST
As a teenager on Boreas, Tressa Crystal Smith and her coven of friends prayed for and by the light of their broken moon. But fate brought her up to it when she ran away at fifteen to join a terraforming crew working to rebuild the moon. She took to the work, feeling a connection between her work with ferrofluid and the rituals of her past. But the unwelcome arrival of the Apex Games brought her peaceful life to an end. Now she joins the Games as Catalyst, a Legend determined to bring change and defend her home. She can use her ferrofluid to reinforce doors, form piercing spikes and obscure the playing field with high ferrofluid walls. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, and by the time her opponents make the call? It’ll be far too late.
Reinforce doors, strengthening them and locking them to enemies' spaces where doors have been destroyed can also be reinforced.
TACTICAL: Piercing Spikes
Throw out a patch of Ferrofluid which turns into spikes when enemies are near. Catalyst remains immune to enemy spikes.
ULTIMATE: Dark Veil
Raise a permeable wall of Ferrofluid. Enemies who walk through it will be slowed and partially blinded for a brief time.
Check out Catalyst in action by watching her trailer here.
NEW MAP: BROKEN MOON
The Legends are dropping onto not only a Broken Moon, but a divided one. Explore the beauty and serenity of the Eternal Gardens and Bionomics, or venture to the moon's dark side and visit marred, industrial locales like The Perpetual Core and Breaker Wharf. Grapple, climb, or use jump stations to access new Zip Rails and traverse the jagged terrain. Built for locals to quickly navigate the slopes and chasms of Cleo, they’re just the thing for Legends in a hurry.
Check out our full breakdown of the new Broken Moon Map in our dev blog here.
ECLIPSE SEASON MAP ROTATION
The following maps will be available for public matchmaking in the Battle Royale mode:
- Broken Moon
- World’s Edge
Whether you’re introducing a new friend to Apex Legends or welcoming back an old one, you don’t just want to catch them up on the story. Share the freshest Apex style with other players via the new Gifting system, which allows you to purchase bundles and cosmetic items in the Store tab for your in-game friends.
You can read more about how gifting works in our blog and FAQ.
Stickers are a brand new cosmetic we’re introducing this season that lets players equip stickers to healing items! Whether you are regen-ing your shields or healing with a syringe you can now do it in style! All players will get the Shattered and Deathbox stickers for free when Eclipse launches. Players can also unlock 20 new Epic Stickers for a limited time from the Sticker Pack Series 001 available in the Special Stores Tab 11/1/22 - 11/22/22 only and not available in the general loot pool. Things you can apply stickers to:
- Shield cells
- Shield batteries
- Med kits
- Phoenix kits
Learn more about how stickers work in our FAQ here.
FIRING RANGE: ALL LEGENDS UNLOCKED
Having trouble deciding on which Legend to unlock next? Want to try a few different tacticals and ultimates before pulling the trigger? Now you can! In the Firing Range, all Legends are unlocked, giving players the ability to test out Legends that they don’t own yet.
- Entry Requirement: Level 10 → 20
- Mastiff returns to the floor
- RE-45 enters the crate with Disruptor Rounds
- R-301, Devotion LMG, 30-30 Repeater, EVA-8, Prowler Burst PDW
Anvil Receiver [R-301, Flatline]
- Added to floor loot and crafting bundles
Double Tap Trigger [EVA-8, G7 Scout]
- Rarity tier increased to legendary
- Improved Recoil for burst fire Scout
Turbocharger [Devotion, HAVOC]
- Damage reduced by 1 when equipped
Hammerpoint Rounds [Mozambique, P2020, RE-45]
- Removed from floor loot and crafting bundles
Boosted Loader [Hemlok, Wingman]
- Removed from floor loot and crafting bundles
Kinetic Feeder [Peacekeeper, TripleTake]
- Removed from floor loot and crafting bundles
- M600 Spitfire enters the crafter
- Peacekeeper enters the crafter
- Havoc returns to the floor
- P2020 returns to the floor
- Begins charged on first-time pickup from the supply drop
- Removed heat decay over time
Rampage & Sentinel
- Can re-charge the Rampage and Sentinel before previous charge has expired
- Ammo capacity increased from 4 to 5
- Widened blast pattern
- Damage per pellet reduced from 14 to 11
- Projectile growth reduced
- Reload can now be canceled with ADS
- Damage increased from 12 to 14
- Disruptor Rounds increase damage against shields by 30%
- Reduced recoil at the beginning of the pattern
- Stow animations adjusted to better match timings
- Reduced projectile speed
- Increased projectile gravity
- Rate of fire increased from 1.2 to 1.35
- Choke charge time reduced from 1.1 to 0.75
- Increased blue magazine size from 24 to 25
- Increased purple magazine size from 27 to 28
- Projectile growth reduced
ALL BATTLE ROYALE MAPS
- Ring 1 Preshrink Time increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Updated the UI tabbed navigation system and presentation.
- Updates various menus to use the updated tabbed navigation system.
- Ziplines can now be pinged from a distance.
- Decreased the time required to pick up two teammates' banners from their deathboxes by canceling the initial banner pickup animation when you grab a second banner.
- [Storm Point] Fixed an issue where a zipline was missing in the building on North Pad.
- [Kings Canyon] Fixed bug where players could not ping Wraith’s Portal in her Town Takeover
- Fixed a bug where decimal numbers showed up on the Stats screen when they shouldn’t.
- [Vantage] Fixed a bug where Sniper’s Mark damage multiplier would continue even after a player is downed.
- [Vantage] Fixed bug with Vantage’s passive ability displaying “Team of 3” when less than 3 players are alive in the squad.
- [Revenant] Fixed a bug with the “Revelations” skins where players would experience the camera clipping into Revenant’s shoulder after exiting Shadow Form.
- [Valkyrie] Fixed bug for cases where Valkyrie would remain in her Skydive animation after interacting with a Replicator.
- [Crypto] Fix for bug where Crypto’s “Biwon Blade” heirloom wouldn’t be visible while using a Survey Beacon.
- Fixed a bug during the tutorial where the first loot bin could become inaccessible if a player attempted to open it while standing between the bin and Bloodhound.
- Fixed the bug where some players with custom controls couldn’t jump.
- Fixed the bug where the timer would show the incorrect time for when the next Ranked Season will start.
- Fix for cases where loot bins could crush a player to death if they got caught between the lid and a wall.
- Fix for cases where players could get stuck inside the Replicator if they were knocked down while using it.
- [3030 Repeater and Mastiff] Fix for cases where players were unable to aim down sights until reloading is complete when done at certain times.
- Fixed bug where the User Location on the minimap wouldn’t update properly to show the direction the player is facing during the skydive sequence.
- Fix for bug where the Legend Ability Ui would flicker when going into Legend select before the match starts.
- Fix for Firing Dummies to take damage appropriately based on hit location.
New Legend: 'Catalyst'
The new map Broken Moon has a fierce defender.— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) October 24, 2022
Meet Catalyst and see the brutal beauty of Cleo in Apex Legends: Eclipse when it launches Nov 1 🔮 pic.twitter.com/1MyFZI11dx
During the massive Apex Legends leak a while back, we got some insight to all the Legends coming to the future of the game.
The next Legend to enter the forray of Apex should be 'Catalyst" a terraformer who has the power to control all around her.
During this leak we got to uncover the new Legend's abilites which can be viewed down below.
- Standing near your ferrofluid structures, doors, and other Legends placeables will strengthen their integrity and allow them to take significantly more damage.
Tactical: Ferro Shot
- On impact, the shot creates a ramp of hardened ferrofluid that can be extended with more shots. Can also be used to create platforms on walls. (Max 3 structures)
Ultimate: Iron Tower
- Ferrofluid rises up from below pushing you upwards while creating a tall solid column under you.
What Time Does Apex Legends Season 15 Release
- 10:00 am PST
- 7:00 pm CEST
- 1:00 pm EST
Apex Legends Season 15 New Map - Broken Moon
Hello, I’m Randolph Stayer, Principal Level Designer on Broken Moon, the fifth map for Apex Legends™.
Broken Moon is a terraforming project commissioned by the Cleo Recovery Council, as a result of the catastrophic meteor impact that occurred in 2708. With the help of the Boreas Science Division, the moon became a habitable environment by 2715. To further fund colonization, the government entered into a contract with the Syndicate to bring the Apex Games to the moon. Broken Moon is similar in size to World’s Edge and features a wide array of terrain: both extra-terrestrial and borderline familiar. Locations range from glamorous gardens, to a gigantic terraforming machine, to a filthy wharf. Let’s look at the location breakdown.
A fast, predictable way to get from one location to another and effectively outrun the ring, these rails are set up along predetermined paths to quickly move from one POI to the next. Players can get through some particularly challenging rotations and even move within points of some of the larger landmarks. While riding the rails you have all the same functions available to you as a zip line—but with increased speed and momentum.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The moon is packed with large POIs that offer comfortable landing spots for multiple squads, allowing time to loot before the first shots are fired. Zip Rails also offer an effective means of closing the gap quickly or escaping a risky situation.
Constructed to prevent the moon from dying, the Terraformer is a massive symmetrical structure that resides off-center of the map. It is a “king-of-the-hill” drop location with loot throughout, which supports up to 4 teams with comfortable landing spots. The central position of power can be used to effectively defend from within the walls, but there are ways to infiltrate and overthrow the team in power.
STASIS NET ARRAY
A completely asymmetrical space with a central honeypot of loot, the Stasis Net Array area provides plenty of ways to escape and flank the main structure—or retreat and move the fight. The particle beam emitting from this location is what keeps floating moon debris from crashing down into Boreas as well as the moon itself.
ATMOSTATION AND BACKUP ATMO
Over time, the Atmostations have created a breathable atmosphere on Cleo. Research buildings to the left and right offer landing spots for players to loot and assault the main tower structure. Pass through the narrow bridge or take the Zip Rails to the top. Nearby water silos can be a safer location, should there be too much heat elsewhere.
As the sole source of power on the moon, this huge area supports big fights and multiple landings. The Core itself is the main seat of power here, but it can also easily be attacked. The uplift from the turbine below and the surrounding Zip Rails can offer unique escape strategies.
A tightly packed set of circular structures with playable rooftops, there are plenty of opportunities for vertical flanking along with sneaky healing spots in Bionomics. Originally a research facility built to study strange fauna, some experimental regrowth still populates the abandoned area.
The Divide is a clustered spot of vertical houses filled with loot, separated by bridges and connected by Zip Rails. It was one of the first towns on Cleo but was split due to continued instability on the moon. This is a fast-paced, high-energy location where skills on Zip Rails can lead to a quick victory.
The site of the first moon landing, Alpha Base’s densely packed lunar buildings rest inside a giant moon-crater. Exterior walls keep the fights contained, and the tight interior spaces require a big commitment.
A vast open space that serves as a memorial of the tragic event on Boreas, Eternal Gardens is home to a long-range field of flowers and trenches. It has a central tower that contains the only Jump Tower on the moon. Meant as a means of celebration, it is also a crafty way to reposition for a fight or rotate to another zone.
A symmetrical space built for mid-range combat and connected by a bridge and Zip Rail, the parallel structures at Breaker Wharf is packed with multiple layers of verticality and the means to reposition between them. Flanked by additional Zip Rails, it’s also an easy way to rotate to another POI.
Production Yard is another large location on the map, with a bullseye landing pad and two adjacent landings on the extent of this T-shaped structure. There is lots of loot nestled within the corridors here with a central honeypot to fight over.
This large POI features a divided central hub, split by two long arms filled with loot and enough landing spots for 4 teams. The integrated Zip Rails at the Foundry allow players to quickly travel across to the main hub or to reposition for a fight. This is where ferrofluid is refined and used to patch parts of the moon to avoid further deterioration.
This entirely asymmetrical location is divided by a short bridge, which also acts as a funnel for rotation between the two halves of Dry Gulch. The gulch features fast, multilayered fights with tightly packed interior spaces
The source for all moon food, Cultivation is made up of a low-lying collection of circular greenhouses that connects to a large central greenhouse: the seat of power in this location. Easily defendable on all sides, the waterways cutting through this zone offer sneaky routes to loot up and assault the main structure undetected.
The Promenades is the place where most moon dwellers reside and get their supplies. This huge vertically visible landmark is a focused hallway fight with Zip Rails throughout. Flank routes pocket the interior space, while the exterior is the main central funnel between the north and south of the map.
CUTTING IT CLOSE
The team is incredibly proud of the work that has gone into making Broken Moon as magical as it is. For the first time in Apex Legends, you’ll be soaring through the map at high speeds, banking around corners, and building up momentum as you feel the rush of the Zip Rails. Cut it close like never before—whether it's to find the next fight, escape a closing ring, or speedily scoop up more loot. I'm excited to share all of our hard work with all of you!