New details have emerged!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the next entry within the iconic series, and will be releasing soon for players all across the world.
Before you dive into the action, it's best to know what kind of perks are going to be in this year's game.
Here's all the confirmed ones as of now!
All Perks In Modern Warfare 2 - Last Stand, Overkill and More
Perks are pretty essential for COD, and they've been in the game for quite some time now. For those who don't know, or simply need a refresher, they're little boosts to certain attributes on your character that'll come in handy.
For instance, Overkill will allow players to use two primary weapons, while Double Time increases the allocated sprint time a player has.
For Modern Warfare 2, there's some classic perks returning once again, along with that are brand new to the game itself!
The way perks work in MW2 is going to differ, as they're now split into three categories. Base Perks, Bonus Perks and Ultimate Perks.
You'll be able to select two Base Perks, One Bonus Perk and one Ultimate Perk, and you'll activate the Bonus and Ultimate Perks throughout the game.
Here's all the perks within Modern Warfare 2.
- Carry two primary weapons
- Double the duration of Tactical Sprint and increases crouch movement speed by 30%
- Reduce the effect of enemy flash, stun, EMP, gas grenades, and shock sticks and makes you immune to snapshot grenades
- Resupply ammo and throwing knives from dead players
- Take reduced damage from non-killstreak explosives. Reset fuze timers when picking up live grenades
- Enemies leave behind a footprint trail, and enemy death markers are visible. Kill markers are hidden from the enemy team
- Throw equipment farther and see a preview of the trajectory
- Spawn with an additional lethal. Equipment recharges over 25 seconds
- Spot enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. Aiming down sights highlights them for the team. Hack enemy claymores, proximity mines, C4, and trophy systems
- Undetectable by AI targeting systems, and thermal optics. Does not trigger High Alert warning. Does not highlight in enemy tactical cameras, recon drones, and spotter scopes
- Reload, use equipment, and swap weapons faster
- Killing players immediately triggers health regeneration and capturing and holding objectives increases health regeneration rate
- Reduce flinch when aiming down sights and extend Hold Breath duration
- Vision pulses when spotted by an enemy player outside of view
- Undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors
- Reduce Killstreak cost by one (1) kill. Reduce Scorestreak cost by 125
- Store an additional field upgrade charge. Increase field upgrade charge rate by 40%. On earning this perk, get a field upgrade charge
- On death, enter Last Stand with the ability to self-revive once per life and teammates can revive downed players faster
- The minimap is zoomed out. UAV and Radar pings reveal the enemy’s direction and on earning it enemies are pinged on the minimap