New details have emerged!
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the next entry within the iconic series, and will be releasing soon for players all across the world.
With the full release and pre-load times being recently announced, players are amped to dive into this years title.
However, one aspect of the multiplayer has been revealed and we're going to runover if MW2 has a prestige system!
Does Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Have A Prestige System?
Prestiging has always been a core aspect of MW2, and througout the years we've seen the system evolve to some regard.
More recently, they've gone in favor of the seasonal progession system, which essentially means your level resets each season, unlike other iterations where your level stays the same no matter what.
Within MW2, they've noted they're going back in favor of the seasonal system and this is what Infinity Ward has had to say about prestiging!
At launch, there is more to Modern Warfare II than the traditional Military Ranks.
Prior to Season 01, which will feature a new Battle Pass system and Seasonal Prestige, players will have access to the following Progression systems:
- Military Ranks: From Levels 1–55, unlock all Weapon Platforms, Multiplayer Loadout Items, and Special Ops Kits.
- Weapon Platforms: Each Weapon Platform will feature Camo and Mastery challenges. Most will include Progression trees with the ability to unlock platform-specific and universal attachments, with some also allowing you to unlock Receivers, which serve as additional functional weapons within the platform.
- Special Ops Kits: Each Special Ops Kit can be leveled up — to a maximum of Rank 10 — by replaying missions or completing challenges to earn Stars.
- Base Operator Unlock Challenges: Earn 18 Operators through challenges related to Campaign, Multiplayer, and Special Ops.
- Daily Challenges: In Multiplayer and Special Ops, complete three challenges every day for XP rewards and unlock a bonus challenge, which offers triple the XP of a regular daily challenge.
- Additional Challenges: Career Milestone challenges, such as winning matches on specific game modes, will also be available for XP and cosmetic rewards.
Expect a breakdown of all these Progression systems in a dedicated blog within the game’s release window.