Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the next entry within the iconic series, and will be releasing soon for players all across the world.
With MW2 coming this year, we're also getting the release of Warzon 2, the second iteration of the iconic battle royale.
Now, with the game fully revealed to fans, there's still some discussion into whether or not players will be able to use loadouts.
Here's what you need to know!
Does Warzone 2 Have Loadouts? The Shop Explained
Loadouts are pretty essential for Warzone, as they're the kit of weapons, perks and other items that players will need to purchase from a buy station and call from the sky.
However, for Warzone 2 it appears they don't want to keep up with the ever changing meta, and have instead opted to not include them within the game for the release.
So, players will instead have to fend for themselves, and be crispy clean accurate with their gaming mouse using the allocated MW2 weapons.
But, this isn't to say players won't have the chance to purchase other items at The Shop.
The Shop is Warzone 2's Buy Stations, and while you can't purchase Loadouts, you can however buy weapons/upgrade them so that they're better suited for combat.
Here's what Infinity Ward had to say regarding the new buy stations.
As well as a new and impressive array of ground loot and adjustments on how to access and store them, one of the biggest innovations is the expanding, yet streamlining of your purchases within a match. This comes courtesy of “The Shop”. These enhanced Buy Stations serve locations to buy and upgrade equipment and weapons, including the custom weapons you created before dropping in. Here are some actions you can complete at The Shop:
- Squadmate Buy Back: Just like in Call of Duty: Warzone, you’re able to buy back a teammate after they’ve been taken down either in combat, or failed to return from the all-new Gulag.
- Buy Gear: Just like the function of the original Buy Station, you can purchase equipment such as Gas Masks, Killstreaks, Armor, and more.
- Limited Equipment: Some items are likely to be limited in number, and once purchased, they are gone from the Shop.
- Buy Weapon: Prior to a match, your main preparation is focused on creating a number of custom weapons for your next match in Al Mazrah.
- You purchase these custom weapons from here. Note this takes the place of a full Loadout (your Primary, Secondary, Tactical, and Lethal as well as Perks).
- Custom Weapons are constructed in the Gunsmith, and then bought here. They take up your weapon slots. Tacticals and Lethals are very common ground loot. Perks will not be available in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 at launch.