Next up in Fortnite...
Update 17.40 will arrive in Fortnite TODAY.
Fortnite updates are unique opportunities to refresh the content in the game and bring new challenges as well.
17.30 brought in the Rift Tour event and much more, so we can expect some fun inclusions this time too.
A lot of content tends to get mentioned before launch, thanks to dataminers and leakers, but a lot of it isn't revealed until the day of.
Here are the patch notes for the 17.40 update in Fortnite.
The next update will arrive on the 17th August 2021.
Servers will likely start to be disabled from 8.00AM UTC - those times are as follows:
- 3.00AM CT
- 4.00AM ET
Matchmaking is usually disabled 30 minutes before the update is pushed out.
This update should range between 1-5GB. Updates vary from platform to platform.
- Xbox One: 3.34 GB
- Xbox Series X: 3.06 GB
- PS4: 4.00 GB
- PS5: 4.00 GB
- PC: 2.18GB
- Switch: 3.50 GB
- STW Homebase Status Report
- Creative Update
- Heist LTM returning soon
- New Crew Pack added
- Imposters Gamemode added
- Getaway LTM updated
- New Refer-A-Friend rewards
- New Creative Props added
- All Epic Legendary Pistols, ARs and Snipers will be replaced with Silenced versions for this week's Wild Week.
Is an Among Us crossover coming? While a crossover was debunked, it could be that the game will get a similar mode called 'Imposters'.
The Cafeteria is very reminiscent of the one in the game - as well as some users tweeting very cryptic hints.
Agents of The Order are tasked with keeping The Bridge safe by identifying the Impostors. Be careful of Impostors! They have disguised themselves to take down The Order. If the Impostors eliminate enough Agents before The Bridge is secured - the Impostors win.
This gamemode will have 4-10 players.
Check out the mini-map!
All Imposter Gamemode skins! pic.twitter.com/QQI3hTDe9m— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) August 17, 2021
All cosmetics added in v17.40 pic.twitter.com/5smGUYNP44— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) August 17, 2021
Wonder Woman is the big skin coming in this update - but there are several new ones added alongside her.
The new update will bring back the Corrupted Legends Pack - it will be available until the 30th August.
New Bundles!#Fortnite pic.twitter.com/W35BMsa74f— Max // Fortnite Leaks & News 🛸 (@FNLeaksAndInfo) August 17, 2021
New Bundle! #Fortnite— Fortnite News 👽 (@FortniteBR) August 17, 2021
(via @VastBlastt) pic.twitter.com/7sChvpeqn5
Exotic Burst Pulse Rifle will arrive and sold by Kymera - this weapon has a 1.5x damage multiplier when aiming.
New Misc Items!#Fortnite pic.twitter.com/DqFQbQ51F0— Max // Fortnite Leaks & News 🛸 (@FNLeaksAndInfo) August 17, 2021
Coral Castle is almost certainly being changed in the next update. The latest FNCS stream revealed an updated version of the POI split into chunks.
Craggy Cliffs may be set to be abducted next as the UFO Mothership begins to move in its direction.
According to the Fortnite Community Trello Board, here's what's being updated in the next update:
Battle Royale Issues
- Preferred Item Slots: Chug Cannon moving to incorrect slots
- Cannot open Cosmic Chest if a player left the team
- Prop Disguise services temporarily disabled
- Unable to proceed in Free Guy Quest chain
- Players are ejected from vehicles in shallow water
- Adding the Skydome Device to the hotbar resets the island visually
- Match Making Portal Slow to update
- Creative Island images may reset to the original thumbnail image
- Latency issues on XL Islands
- Barrier Device Issues Summary
Save The World Issues
- Wrong Event Ticket displayed on the Beyond Stellar Horizons quest
- Certain items do not count towards players "Search Anything" objective during re-supply missions
- Healing Build Attached perk not restoring the proper amount
There are also a number of other issues that are being worked on that may arrive in time for the update.
Follow us for the latest updates!