Chapter 3 Season 1 of Fortnite is undergoing another update, which is potentially one of the last ones before the new season arrives.
Fortnite's been undergoing one of the best periods the game has experienced from a casual perspective in quite some time, as its been soaring in popularity yet again.
Now, with patch 19.40 releasing today, we've got the latest info on what's to come!
Release Date And Time
Update 19.40 is arriving today, 1st March 2022, at 9AM GMT.
Here are the update sizes for 19.40:
- Xbox One - 2.5GB
- Xbox Series X - 2.2GB
- PS4 - 3.2GB
- PS5 - 2.7GB
- PC - 1.6GB
- Switch - 3GB
- Android -
Update sizes may vary per person.
- Unvaulted LTM returning
- Map's lighting/theme will change to celebrate International Women Day
Skins And Cosmetics
- Naomi Osaka Skin
- Celebrating Women Cosmetic Set
- Bassassin Challenge Pack has been updated
👕 New Cosmetics Added in v19.40 (Fixed Image)#Fortnite #FortniteLeaks pic.twitter.com/6dXRoUbRF5— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) March 1, 2022
🛒 New Shop Assets Added in v19.40#Fortnite #FortniteLeaks pic.twitter.com/S9342HCI0T— iFireMonkey (@iFireMonkey) March 1, 2022
A reminder that March's Fortnite Crew pack features the Tracy Trouble outfit.
Naomi Osaka Cup
The recently announced Naomi Osaka skin will also be having it's own in-game cup, that'll coemmence on March 2nd.
"The Naomi Osaka Cup in Fortnite will take place Wednesday, March 2. Compete in this Solo tournament for a chance to unlock the Naomi Osaka Outfit, Dark Priestess Naomi Outfit, Royale Racket Pickaxe/Back Bling, and Portalforger Paddle Pickaxe/Back Bling before they hit the Shop." Also, earn at least eight points to unlock the Forbidden Ace Spray!"
Epic are working on a Mythic with blades that is kinda similar to Wolverine's, here are the stats:— HYPEX (@HYPEX) February 22, 2022
- Has an charge attack, possibly electric
- Minor Attack damage: 25 (50 to builds)
- Major Attack damage: 65 (250 to builds)
- Spin Attack cooldown: 8s
- Has boosted jumps pic.twitter.com/DeiZqT7jMi
We're also going to be keeping tabs on Fortnite's Community Trello board, where they'll update all the bugs and glitches they're going to be patching this update!
Battle Royale Issues
- Unable to control Quadcrasher while flying
- Tree Leaf texture look low-res
Creative Top issues
- Storm will start before the indicated UI time
- Can't copy/paste barrier device if it extends outside of the island barrier
- Multi-selecting and moving building to prop pieces will cause consistent misalingment
Save the World Top Issues
- Destroyed beds are not being counted towards quest completion
Switch And Mobile Issues
- Aim assist doesn't appear to be working
- Black textures can't be seen flashing in the sky
- OnePlus 9 users do not have the option for 90 FPS