One more in the Chamber
Valorant's next Act, Disruption will be releasing soon and along with this update we're going to be getting a brand new character in Neon.
The powerful speedster is one of the more ambitious character that Riot intends on releasing in quite some time, but we're always looking ahead.
Here's when the first patch of Act 4 should release and what we can expect!
Valorant Update 4.01 is still a decent bit away, as we're still not able to jump into the new Act, Disruption quite yet.
With this said, we should expect this patch to come in a few weeks and will be sure to update this page as we know more!
4.01 Patch Notes
Riot has posted the latest patch notes for the 4.01 update, here, or they can be viewed down below.
Valorant Patch 4.01 notes
Below are the full patch notes for Valorant’s 4.01 update, courtesy of Riot Games.
- Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- For example: Let’s say “Riot” is a bad word. Our detection may catch the word “Riot” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell Riot that we may not be catching: R!ot, R!0t, Ri0t, etc.
- And no, you won’t get “League of Legends” banned from chat
- We’re hoping that we can leverage the lists that you and others create to make the chat less toxic by comparing them across regions, and using the data we collect to improve our own detections of bad words.
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
MELEE (but for real this time)
- The melee’s been too tricky to aim with, making it tough to rely on. So we’ve updated both left and right click melee attacks for more reliable Agent-whacking action.
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
- Thanks to TowerofShadow for the report