Don't act a fool!
Episode 3 Act 3 is the next Act for Valorant and it arrives TOMORROW.
Act 2 is coming to an end with the new Act being less exciting than past update - in fact, since entering Episode 3, updates have been far less exciting mainly focusing on a few quality of life improvements and bug fixes.
A new act is an opportunity for Riot Games to shake up the meta massively and provide new content. This includes a new Battle Pass, Agent and more!
The big rumours coming out of this next update is a new Agent that players are very excited about called 'Chamber'.
Here's what's coming in the Act 3 update for Valorant.
New Agent Delayed
We're expecting the new season to begin on the 2nd November 2021.
A typical Act in Valorant lasts for about eight weeks, or approximately two months. Given that Act 2 started on September 8, we're fairly certain this is when we'll see the new Act go live.
However, keep in mind that Act 2 was delayed for two weeks by Riot. We may see a similar situation with Act 3, in which case it may release around mid-November.
We're expecting this Act to run until the 11th January, as this is when Episode 4 starts according to @floxayyy.
Trailer And Teasers
The Classic has been over-performing in close to mid-range encounters when used while jumping or on the move. So we’ve reduced the weapon’s effective accuracy while jumping, running, and walking, with the intent of narrowing it’s ideal use case to only really close ranges.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Free Cam observers rejoice!
Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
One path for all traffic into game servers
- For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it's lowered.
- Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly
What Is It?
A new Battle Pass will be on offer, introducing 50 tiers of rewards including Weapon skins, Gun buddies, Sprays, Icons, Banners and more.
The Battle Pass will cost 1,000 Valorant points.
Here are some of the rewards coming in the new Battle Pass.
The next Agent is called 'Chamber, previously known as 'Deadeye'. This brand new Sentinel Agent embodies a clean and efficient marksman. The Frenchman will unfortunately release in the first update after the launch of Act 3; this is two weeks after.
- Trademark: PLACE a trap that scans for enemies. When a visible enemy comes in range, the trap counts down and then destabilizes the terrain around them, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Headhunter: ACTIVATE to equip a heavy pistol. ALT FIRE with the pistol equipped to aim down sights.
- Rendezvous: PLACE two teleport anchors. While on the ground and in range of an anchor, REACTIVATE to quickly teleport to the other anchor. Anchors can be picked up to be REDEPLOYED.
- Tour de Force: ACTIVATE to summon a powerful, custom sniper rifle that will kill an enemy with any direct hit. Killing an enemy creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
While Riot may break with its earlier precedents and release a second Agent for Episode 3, we shouldn't expect to see a new map any time soon. Fracture was just released in Episode 3 Act 2, and players are still getting a handle on it. Simply put, now is not the optimal time for Riot to release another map given the interest in the current new one. There also hasn't been much speculation of worth around a new map yet. We most likely will not see another map until Episode 4 at the earliest.
Follow us for the latest updates!